- Homeschool is going well, I think. I kept wondering am I doing the right thing? Am I doing what I need to be doing? Would they really learn more in ps? Then my 10th grader who has hated and struggled with math from the beginning received her Math U See program, Epsilon. Yes her testing said she had to go back that far even though she passed algebra 1 in PS with a barely passing D. (don't ask how I feel about passing a kid with a D-it won't be pretty) She watched her first session and was like, "oh!!!" It was a eureka moment. Now I can't keep her away from her math work. Yep, maybe it was the right thing after all. :)
- I found a great site called sizzle bop. I have 3 sizzlers and sometimes my life spins out of control while trying to wrangle them. I'm excited about it. I know it's a minor thing but I like it anyway. (sizzler=ADHD in our case-fully diagnosed) I'm glad to know that I'm not alone and that stopping school half way through the day because 2 or more kids are unable to focus for the need to move their bodies is not as bad as I thought. This one little fact helped to influence my decision to school year round with more frequent breaks.
- Has anyone else felt the ground rattling lately? I don't know about where you are but around here, God has really been moving and shaking! It's exciting to see God work that way.
- Scheduling and getting every thing done is just not happening. Don't know why, it's just not. I can't seem to be effective at homeschool, housekeeping, and work. :/ I know it can be done. I just don't have the right formula yet. :) I only work part time, so that is pretty easy except that keeping my uniform clean isn't. I have finally caught up on the regular standard household laundry. :) that took more loads of laundry than I care to admit to. I have always been a routine kinda gal but I can't get it going right now. I have to adjust too much daily to really have everything in a routine. I'm miserable because when things are disorganized, I can't function. I have even considered canceling school for a week to get organized. I need to get rid of some junk too. I get the classroom all organized and pretty and before the end of the week I'm buried in stuff again.
- I work with a guy who is not just an atheist but very anti God. He is often offensive, rude and obnoxious, and not just about "religion". He seems to do these things to get a reaction from people, trying to make them angry. Once such instance of his behavior was when I first started working there, I was cleaning and minding my own business and he came up and started yelling, in front of customers in a chanty sort of way, "God is a cult, get out of the cult!" repeatedly. He has tried numerous times to "get my goat", pushing more and more buttons but he has never been able to fluster me. :) Monday night at work, he was asking questions about my beliefs and why etc. In a very non offensive way, he was curious. I pray that I will always be able to answer his questions from scripture and to be able to do so and to carry myself as the woman of God I am. God is so good, he turned this offensive, anti God person into a curious person. Is he a convert? not YET. :)
- Candy at My Blessed Home has been writing a series on Christians and the Torah that I find interesting and thought provoking. I love her! Here is the link. It's the first of the series.
- Stickers are my friend. The boys seem to get more done when they have stickers as a reward. Even the 10 year old. :) He is doing much better since we have been doing a sort of modified workbox system. He breezes through his assignments now.
Well that's all I have time for. I have so many ideas but so little time since I have bread to make and a house to clean! I hope to be able to get organized and routine so I can write more (ok and think more). Any suggestions are welcome! I just know that God is really blessing us right now and I have seen him move so much lately that I get awestruck at the greatness of Him!! I so want to write about what I have learned and what God is doing. It requires a bit of concentration and my little sizzler isn't having that today. I love my Taz, he is so full of life and love!