Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Snoodles Tale

We watched A Snoodles Tale (part of the vegi tales) this morning. As I watched it, I thought wow this movie is pretty deep! I've seen it several times so it wasn't new to me. I just saw it from a different point of view this morning.

There was a lot of symbolism in the movie that I hadn't picked up on until today. I was most impressed with how the writers expressed how we are in God's eyes. He sees the finished product while all we can see is what we are right now, and how our view of ourselves sometimes is based on what others think of us. Which led me to the thought that others views of us may ultimately be inaccurate and biased. Wow!

What tools have we been given by God? How do we use them? Is our work on "His refridgerator"? Is it something He can be proud of? Does it honor Him? What were we created for? Do we see ourselves the way He does or how others see us?

Pretty deep for a kids movie! And I just thought I was entertaining them so I could get ready for church! I'm sure the children didn't get the same picture I did. I loved how it showed that others negative thoughts and comments can drag you down so that you can't "soar" like God wants you to. You have to see yourself as God sees you than you can fly!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review. I will have to look into getting that movie. It is nice to see children's movies with God as the center. Many blessings.

    ReplyDelete